
In my personal devotions today I was reading Mark 11:27-33. In this passage Jesus is in the temple in Jerusalem and the religious leaders approach him and ask him by whose authority he performs these things (miracles, teaching, etc..). Jesus replies in verse 29 saying that he will tell them if they answer one question:
- Was the baptism of John from heaven or from men? (see Mark 1:4-5)
The leaders begin to reason with themselves on whether they should say from heaven or from men. If they said it was from heaven then they would be guilty of not believing John, if they said it was from men then the people of Israel would have been angered as they believed John to be a prophet.
Instead they replied "We do not know" and officially took no stand.
Does this look like many churches today? Officially not taking a stand on something scripture is clear about because it will make them unpopular, or perhaps it will offend members, or other believers. I am not just talking about doctrines essential to Salvation, but doctrines which are very important to the spiritual growth of a believer, and important in regards to following God's Word.
If I can quote from James Gibbons' post at Theologica: "21st Century Church—committed to doctrine-free living. I would rather know what we believe and agree to disagree than happily go along agreeing not to know what we believe."
Psalm 119:160 says "the sum of Thy Word is truth, and every one of Thy ordinances is everlasting."
Let us take a stand for the truth in love.
Labels: theology
15 comments:
- At 1/17/2013 12:32 PM Anonymous said...
-
dangers of online dating http://loveepicentre.com/success_stories.php inuyasha dating sims
- At 2/11/2013 8:07 PM Anonymous said...
-
ebook the red pony http://audiobookscollection.co.uk/it/This-is-Not-Your-Parents-Retirement-A-Revolutionary-Guide-for-a-Revolutionary-Generation/p166926/ identity theft ebook resellers [url=http://audiobookscollection.co.uk/es/The-White-Lioness/p10377/]the golden compass free ebook[/url] biocentrism ebook
- At 2/13/2013 9:32 PM Anonymous said...
-
marketing strategy ebook download porter warez http://audiobookscollection.co.uk/it/Programmazione/c1056/?page=4 java programming best ebook [url=http://audiobookscollection.co.uk/fr/Dark-08-Dark-Legend/p10589/]easy ebook creator[/url] drive with water fuel ebook
- At 2/19/2013 12:40 AM Anonymous said...
-
ebook digitizing 101 http://audiobooksworld.co.uk/Peter-Odell/m100043/ airman eoin colfer free ebook download [url=http://audiobooksworld.co.uk/it/authors/?letter=H]pediatric nursing ebook[/url] de sapos a principes ebook
- At 3/18/2013 7:35 PM Anonymous said...
-
[url=http://redbrickstore.co.uk/products/amoxil.htm][img]http://onlinemedistore.com/9.jpg[/img][/url]
prevacid brand pharmacy canadian hydrocodone licensed http://redbrickstore.co.uk/products/antabuse.htm pharmacy bulletin board [url=http://redbrickstore.co.uk/catalogue/u.htm]pharmacy tech schools in michigan[/url]
cvs pharmacy minute clinic chanhassen http://redbrickstore.co.uk/products/lotensin.htm pharmacy pricing dispute [url=http://redbrickstore.co.uk/products/azulfidine.htm]azulfidine[/url]
pelletization in pharmacy http://redbrickstore.co.uk/catalogue/g.htm national boards for pharmacy technician practice book [url=http://redbrickstore.co.uk/products/sinequan.htm]mart online pharmacy wal[/url]
pharmacy sales http://redbrickstore.co.uk/products/sinequan.htm online pharmacy ephedra 50mg [url=http://redbrickstore.co.uk/products/erectalis.htm]erectalis[/url] - At 4/05/2013 11:04 PM Anonymous said...
-
[url=http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/products/azulfidine.htm][img]http://onlinemedistore.com/7.jpg[/img][/url]
pharmacy technician instructor salary http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/products/ampicillin.htm walgreens pharmacy brentwood ca [url=http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/products/atarax.htm]european pharmacy[/url]
valium online foreign pharmacy http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/products/maxalt.htm online pain pharmacy relief [url=http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/products/purim.htm]purim[/url]
how is communication important in a pharmacy http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/catalogue/y.htm online discount pharmacy mesa [url=http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/products/valtrex.htm]cvs pharmacy 9683[/url]
mphil after doctor of pharmacy http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/categories/birth-control.htm pharmacy bellefueille [url=http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/products/nizoral.htm]nizoral[/url] - At 4/12/2013 3:41 PM Anonymous said...
-
[url=http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/herbolax.htm][img]http://onlinemedistore.com/5.jpg[/img][/url]
central admixture pharmacy services http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/kamasutra-superthin-condoms.htm northern california veterans affairs pharmacy residency [url=http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/eurax.htm]pharmacognocy in field of pharmacy[/url]
propac long term care pharmacy http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/prometrium.htm tarceva speciality pharmacy florida [url=http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/diclofenac.htm]diclofenac[/url]
canada pharmacy viagra http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/citalopram.htm nigeria pharmacy [url=http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/isoptin.htm]pain relief pharmacy[/url]
wingate pharmacy school http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/zestril.htm cvs pharmacy ecbs [url=http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/arimidex.htm]arimidex[/url] - At 4/25/2013 8:12 AM Anonymous said...
-
I'm now not certain the place you are getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend a while learning more or working out more. Thanks for great info I was on the lookout for this info for my mission.
Also visit my web page ... http://onlinehomecareerssite.com - At 5/19/2013 12:18 AM Anonymous said...
-
Thanks for finally talking about > "Not taking a stand for sake of unity" < Loved it!
Here is my weblog; Test Force Xtreme - At 5/25/2013 2:08 AM Anonymous said...
-
This is a topic that's near to my heart... Many thanks! Where are your contact details though?
Feel free to surf to my web page; Splendyr - At 5/25/2013 7:21 AM Anonymous said...
-
Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in trading links or
maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa? My blog
discusses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each
other. If you might be interested feel free to
shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!
Excellent blog by the way!
Feel free to visit my webpage; raspberry ketone ultra slim - At 5/25/2013 4:22 PM Anonymous said...
-
Hello just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let
you know a few of the images aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.
Also visit my web page Garcinia Cambogia Diet - At 5/26/2013 7:34 PM Anonymous said...
-
Excellent blog here! Also your site loads
up fast! What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host?
I wish my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol
Here is my page ... Online Home Careers - At 5/27/2013 4:37 PM Anonymous said...
-
whoah this weblog is great i love studying your articles. Keep up the
great work! You recognize, lots of people are looking
round for this information, you could help them greatly.
Also visit my web-site ... Order Rejuvenex - At 5/28/2013 12:40 PM Anonymous said...
-
Very good blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring
writers? I'm hoping to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
Would you advise starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option?
There are so many options out there that I'm totally confused .. Any suggestions? Appreciate it!
my blog post ... celebrity white teeth