I safely arrived here at the WO Campus on the 8th of September, however not without more adventures on the way. We left Montreal's language and confusing road signs just after I jetted off an email to a long lost cousin living in Niagra. I informed him we would be in the area.
About a half hour after crossing the Ontario boarder (back in Canada). He invited Josh and I to stay at his place in Niagra Falls. Once We arrived there I was able to get to know J* and wife K*. They had recently returned from
ministry in Japan and Jeff is now serving as a Youth Pastor at an Alliance church in Niagra Falls. It was great spending time with them and catching up. Josh and I were able to see the sites of Niagra, and also work on our first assignment for school, ask 5 people 9 questions about God, Sin, and Man's purpose. It was very interesting and we received a wide variety of answers. We left Niagra and made the four hour trip up to Owen Sound without too much trouble.
Our overloaded car arrived on campus at about 3PM with more than one odd looks. Registration, moving in, hearing dozens of names which were not remembered, and getting to know the campus took up the rest of the day. Now I have completed my second day of classes. Read James 7 times, first 25 chapters of Genesis, 4 chaptors of Basic Theology, 2 chapters of Talk Through The Bible, and 7 chapters of Be Mature, a James study book....all outside class. It wasnt as bad as it sounds, but I am enjoying it.
Already I have learned much and I am looking forward to a great year. I think I have the names of most of the guys in the dorm down packed. There are 3 Jonathan's, 3 Ben's, and 2 Nathans so that made it a bit easier. In total there are 46 students on campus, the largest class to date. Thank you for your prayers and support.
0 comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)