Site Network: Home |

My blog had an issue where I could not post for a while, so here is the post which should have been posted on October 12. This last week we spent on the streets of Toronto and Hamilton. It is often easy to say, "spread the gospel to our streets and cities", however when one actually gets in a van, drives to a famous downtown intersection, steps into the busy sidewalk, and gazes onto a sea of hundreds of different shades of hair and skin tones walking busily this way and that, it seems a tad bid more difficult to spread what we set out to spread. Most people at first gathered in groups speaking of their fears and waiting for orders from our experienced evangelist, Sam ***, of Open Air Campaigners. However it was very encouraging to me personally to see, as soon as we stepped onto the streets, a select few who dove in head first, and within 15 seconds were having intense conversations with a lost soul. So I and a few others went searching for a soul to speak to. I do not know why we went searching, they were everywhere...I suppose deep down in my heart I judged people, and would look for someone who looked like they might listen. This is how it was until I realized I didn't look at them like Christ did. I, unknowingly viewed them as people who needed to understand what I believed, and that I had to find the ones who would most likely want to understand and talk to them. However I meditated on Matthew 9:36 and realized what great compassion and burden Christ had on the lost. They were like sheep with no shepherd. A baby with no mother, or anyone to take care of it. It made Christ sad, it broke His heart. I also realized that there was no way to have the compassion and burden Christ had without first growing closer to Him. And so realizing that, I deepened my relationship with Christ, and the burden for the residents of not only Toronto and Hamilton came, but a burden to talk to everyone I see. The harvest is truly plentiful. Pray that I might become a faithful laborer. I talked with many people and had some great discussions. You may be surprised to hear that the largest group of people who I talked to were Muslims. Islamic beliefs have become very predominate in parts of Canada. However, each Muslim I spoke with was very interested in what I had to say, and each one gave me their contact info and wishes to talk about things more. Praise God for not only open doors, but open minds! I was so surprised that the entire week, I think only three or four people refused to listen to what I had to say. Weeks ahead of our arrival we had prayed for open doors when evangelizing, and the power of prayer again proved itself! I only wonder, how many open doors were walking around that I did not go in? I also had the opportunity of leading a man I believe is in his fifties to the Lord. Barry Dickson had heard it all, but never realized He needed to make the decision. Pray that he will grow in his faith and realize to the fullest extent what God's grace is all about. On the first day, in Hamilton, a few of us bumped into each other while "searching for an open door", and of course to avoid confrontation often subconsciously we would talk with each other about how the day was going. I remember Sharon, a Korean student, suddenly turned around, walked in a straight line, crossed the street, and walked at a fast pace down the sidewalk on the other side and directly to a woman sitting on a bench some 40 meters away from us. I learned later that the young Filipino woman not only accepted Christ as her savior, but was very interested in spending one of her years in Canada at WO while waiting for certain things regarding citizenship. Isn't it amazing how our God works? After our week of open air, four of the N*** (Josh, Jason, Julie, and I), went to Kathy *** for Thanksgiving Weekend. She is also originally from N****. We had a good time there with her family, and even received a grand tour of the cruise ship she worked on. So now I am back at school, and we are enduring an intense week of Hebrews. Tomorrow is Testify's first performance at Rock M*** Youth Emphasis service. Pray that we will be able to use our gifts to minister to the youth of Rock ***. It's a good thing I don't follow the Luck Religion or else tomorrows performance would be destined to failure as it is Friday the 13th.

3 comments:

At 11/09/2006 10:51 AM Unknown said...

Hey Jon It is awsome to see your guy's faces nicole and katelyn say hi and we cant wait for you all to come back to nova scotia .
God Bless

 
At 11/12/2006 9:31 PM Jonathan said...

Hey brad, say hey to everyone out there for me. I told people you might come visit up here so you better take me up on it ;)

 
At 11/26/2006 7:50 PM Anonymous said...

Hey Jon.
Awesome site you got here. lol...I just wanted to say hi...so HI! lol

 

Post a Comment