Site Network: Home |

Now we are in the meat of the year here at WO. We just finished studying 1 Peter with Pastor **  Hobbs. It's exciting to learn so many new things from passages that I have read many times before. I realize more and more that there is never a point when you can stop learning from a passage, and there is no passage you cannot learn from. All scripture is profitable. For the past couple days we have had Sam Fry with us teaching us Evangelism. In about eight minutes from now we are heading out to Toronto for a few days of Open Air Evangelism. Sam  ** has been teaching us some tools and tricks to use to spread the gospel (such as the rope trick, and others). What else has been going on here at WO? Well we had our official Floor Hocky draft pick, and we formed two official teams. The WO Warriors, and the BI Bullies. These games are going to be replacing our near religiously nightly pick up hockey games. Also Testify was formed. Students tried out for a ministry team similar to that of the former ** Team. Testify will be going out to churches, schools, and events across Ontario doing music and singing, drama, and specialized ministries. It is a co-ed group made up of three girls and four guys here. God worked it out so that I could be on the team too, which is also part of an answer to prayer regarding my financial need, as it comes with a $600 scholarship. This opportunity also came with a decent workload as we have voice and music lessons almost daily. However we still find time once in a while to relax, or do something exciting. The other day a few of us made it out to the Niagara Escarpment and explored some caves over there. We were able to find a few decently deep caves and do some repelling and intense rock climbing, without any serious injuries. I did happen to become wedged in a small part of the cave for about 10 minutes, but after a good amount of groans and moans I was freed. However, I must rush as the vans are being packed and loaded for Toronto. Until Another Time...Go

3 comments:

At 10/11/2006 7:56 PM Anonymous said...

Jonathan, I praise God for you and how you are being used in great ways there in Owen Sound. I am proud of you bro. I love you.
<>< Gina

 
At 11/12/2006 9:33 PM Jonathan said...

awww, love you too sis

 
At 11/26/2006 7:52 PM Anonymous said...

God Bless. See ya around.

 

Post a Comment