It's been 30 days since I posted...but I decided to put aside my fat Theology textbook and give an update. G** and I had a great drive down to the US, it was very rainy in the Maritimes (Icy around Sackville, New Brunswick), but we made it safely to New York. Gina dropped me off at the Word of Life Bible institute there and continued through the night toward Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania until she reached her school, . I arrived at S*** early, as I went there for the Missions Conference which was to start on the 5th. My school from WO was going to arrive then. So I slipped into the New York BI life quietly and they put me up in the Colombia dorm with several of the New York students. I lay low for the next few, very warm, days until my school from Canada arrived. We had a great time there, then made the long bus ride up to ON, where we were greeted by a snowstorm.
Life at the BI is now well underway and we have had a great month. This last weekend marked the beginning of our "Snow Camp". Snow camp is an action packed weekend designed for kids and teens filled with Tubing, sledding, paintballing, skating, sports, music, skits, games, and the Gospel. There were five salvation decisions voiced, and many dedications. I, however was not part of all the fun on Campus. Testify is instead helping out with Satellite Snow Camps hosted at Churches not able to come to Snow Camp. This weekend we went to Huntsville, ON (Near Parry Sound), and had an action packed weekend with Tubing, Late Night games, music, and many other fun things for teens and teens at heart. It was our first day there and one girl accepted Christ into our heart. The following day brought many renewed lives dedicated to Christ! Barry ** from WO spoke for our weekend and was an active participant in our Tube runs at Rock Ridge. It was tiring, but well worth it. Thanks to everyone who helped out to make it possible (Especially those at Riverside Baptist). I have photos which are going up in the gallery from our adventure.
Today marked our first day with Pastor Ken * (Yes, N* the one from P*. We began our studies in Galatians, and Rebecca ** from CCA made is here for the week as well sitting in on classes. When it was announced that Pastor Ken was N* there were scattered, but enthusiastic cheers from fellow M* in the classroom.
That is January summed up, however yesterday I had an adventure which was a first. I finally rode on a snowmobile. Yes, those things I heard about in children's stories and always imagined as a child, on par with space-ships and monster-fighting submarines. My friend and I went out on his 34 year old, less than perfect condition snowmobile and hit the fields behind our campus...a few hills back, we struggled through two feet of snow and decided to return, upon which the sled, in simple terms "broke". We tried a few things to no avail and hiked back through woods, valleys, over streams, and through gorges back. And yes, its still out there...covered in snow I am assuming. So it will be another adventure to go and retreave it.
I am praying to see whether I will be working at WO next year, or be back at home. It all depends on whether or not the support I raise through WO for working will be able to pay my school debt (now looming eerily over me).
Thank you all for your prayers, emails and support! I hope to be in N* the spring for those out there.
Please be praying for our upcoming snow camp weekends.
In Christ,
1 comments:
- At 1/31/2007 12:08 AM Anonymous said...
-
Hey cool! When I saw the picture of that church i'm like..."Hey, i recognise that..." and you know what? Huntsville is my hometown, and that church is my home church...ironic, eh? Anyway, I'm praying for you, Jon. We don't talk anymore, but oh well...like I said, you'll be in my prayers...What is it you're looking to do with your life these days? :) I've heard all your dreams of starting coffee shops and auto shops and going back to Brazil and everything elese you've come up with...but, where's God leading you these days? I'd love to hear from you,
you're MK friend from back home,
- Susan