Site Network: Home |

Break went by fast in Nova Scotia, and I flew back to Ontario just over a week ago. A large group of us Students from WOLBI went to Canada's Wonderland and enjoyed twisting, turning, and flying around on coasters and other rides. About a week ago we started our first week of counselor training where we learned about many different aspects of youth counseling, specifically in a camp environment, and also took Red Cross First Aid Training. After the exam on Saturday we were done our first week of training and enjoyed the rest of the day off. My friend and I were feeling quite industrious that afternoon and decided to make some use of a dirty pond located down in a gorge on property. So we searched the barns and property for materials to make a raft, and spend the remainder of the afternoon pounding nails, sawing boards, and strapping Styrofoam and butter buckets to the bottom of our raft. After Dinner we made our maiden voyage across the pond and declared the vessel unsinkable. Today a small group of set off to find a lake several kilometers behind the school property as it was a beautiful sunny day. We found it with little trouble and spent a couple hours swimming there.
But what lies ahead for us now is Summer Camp 2007. Our theme this year at Word of Life Youth Camp (www.wol.ca) is "HEROS". We are all getting pumped up and prepared to really get to know and have an impact on the kids and teens that will be coming here over the summer! We kick things off in one week with 3 teen weeks followed by 5 more weeks of kids camp. We are excited to share with these youth what Christ has done in our lives while getting to know them through the tons of awesome activities here at camp (such as mountain biking, bmx-ing, high ropes, sports, archery, swimming, paintball, hiking, etc...). We have some awesome speakers here this year to really challenge the kids, and Program has some really exciting new ideas to throw at us! Be praying for continual reliance on God to give us all the strength to make it through keeping our focus on Him. I will be counseling and helping out with the music ministry
I will be beginning my ministry in the Bible Institute Admissions department on August 1st, and so it will be exciting to see how God will use me in getting people interested in spending a year studying the Bible. I need to raise $600/month support to help me in my ministry this next year, but most of all I need people to pray for me. I have really learned a lot about the power of prayer this last year. If anyone is called to help me financially or through prayer I really appreciate it!

1 comments:

At 7/23/2007 10:00 AM Anonymous said...

It sounds like God has great plans for you to impact so many people! Did you take a picture of your raft? :) I am praying for you to have wisdom as you counsel this summer. I love you.
your sis,
Gina

 

Post a Comment