Site Network: Home |

It is easy as a Christian to say that we trust in God. I mean...we pray to Him about things...and we know that in the End Christ will return and all the bad will go away.
What is real trust? What is real dependance? Where do you turn first when something terrible happens, a close friend? Husband or Wife? Maybe a book? Maybe you just try to sit and solve the problem on your own...

What about in ministry? In your ministry, if something goes wrong, do you first hold a meeting or meet with people to remedy the problem, or do you go to your God in prayer?

We need to depend on God completely! Apart from Christ we can do nothing!
If you are worrying, or stressed about something, you are not depending on God.
If we are not depending or trusting on God, we either have too small a view of God, or too high a view of ourselves.

If you read 2 Chronicles 20 you will find that King Jehosophat of Judah had a big issue on his hands. He has just found out that a bunch of other nations had formed an alliance against him and there was an army waging war on him. First he was afraid, but them immediately he went to prayer. He didn't go meet with his generals to discuss strategies...he prayed. THEN he met with others....did they plan a defense? No, they held a prayer meeting "Judah gathered together to seek help from the Lord; they even came from all the cities of Judah to seek the Lord" (2 Chron. 20:1-4). When a problem came up, Prayer was his first resource. Because Jehosophat trusted God.

Do you get stressed out or worry when things go wrong? If you do, you are not trusting God. If you do, then you are a person of little, or untrusting prayer.

I struggle with this. When I face a problem, however large or small it may be, I struggle with going to people or resources before I go to my God. But I realize that this is a pride issue. If I think that I can solve my problem my own way or with other people, it is an issue of me thinking that my way is better than God's, and it is a pride issue! The only way to get over this is through persistent and meaningful prayer! I heard it said that a person of little prayer is a proud person. It is so true.

You say you trust God? Pray. First. Then act.

0 comments:

Post a Comment